The Banf Upper Hot Springs is a great way to “soak in” the Canadian Rockies.
As soothing as it is historic, the flow of natural spring water in the Banff Upper Hot Springs is currently insufficient to fill the pool. Until the Banff Upper Springs receives enough natural waters, municipal waters are pumped in. No matter; it’s still an awesome experience.
Since 1998, greater than normal reductions in winter flows from the source of the Banff Upper Hot springs have been experienced. This has occurred quite regularly each winter in the past decade. The flow always returns in Spring time.
Those from all over the world come here to enjoy this spectacular facility admist a breathtaking backdrop.
Banff Upper Hot Springs features:
- Open year-round
- Restored 1930s heritage bathhouse
- Outdoor spring fed hot pool with view of famous Mount Rundle
- Children’s wading area
- Spacious change rooms with heated floors and family change / unit room
- Day spa offers a variety massage therapies, steam room, aromatherapy, and wellness treatments – Pleiades Massage and Spa
- Gift Store
- Indoor café
- Outdoor terrace with snack bar (Summer)
Hours of Operation
Banff Upper Hot Springs are open year-round. Extended hours offered during holiday periods.
Upper Hot Springs, Banff National Park
128 km west of Calgary
25 km east of the Castle Mountain Junction (Trans-Canada Highway)
The Upper Hot Springs are on Mountain Avenue, four kilometres south of the Town of Banff. Follow Banff Avenue over the Bow River and turn left (east) at the last set of traffic lights. Follow the signs for 3.6 km to the Hot Springs parking lot at the end of Mountain Avenue.