Tunnel Mountain Resort – Seeing the Light
Operating a business in a national park brings with it social responsibilities. Increasingly more and more companies are attempting to minimize their impact on the environment by making their business ‘green’. Tunnel Mountain Resort set out goals on the first day of 2008 to reduce their carbon footprint.
They asked their guests to help out by:
- Utilizing in room recycling containers.
- Turning off appliances and lights when not in their room.
- Keeping windows closed during cold periods.
- Using towels and amenities completely before requesting replacements.
- Conserve water use where possible.
The guidelines set out have, so far, proved to be a success. Every year, Tunnel Mountain Resort directly invests into environmentally friendly systems and products. The more that guests and staff contribute to keeping the overusage of energy down, the more the business is willing to contribute.
For more info go to:
Phone: 403-762-4515, Fax: 403-762-5183
1-800-661-1859 (Toll Free in North America)